What is Local SEO?
When you’re looking for a local business that’ll fix the crack in your smartphone, sell you the hat your friend was wearing, or bake a spaceship-themed cake for your kid’s birthday — how do you find it?
You pull up your favorite search engine for some online research, of course.
Your customers are no different. When they’re looking for a product or service similar to what your business sells, they’re often going online to find it.
SEO is Always Working For You.
A strong local SEO strategy is key to driving more people to your store, whether you have one storefront or five hundred. Take a look at these 15 local SEO facts and see why utilizing SEO could help your organization. (And to learn which parts of your site to optimize for local searches).
15 Local SEO Stats
- 1. 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information.
- 2. 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- 3. 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else.
- 4. 88% of searches for local businesses on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours.
- 5. 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.
- 6. By 2021, mobile devices will influence more than $1.4 trillion in local sales.
- 7. 18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day, whereas only 7% of non-local searches led to a sale.
- 8. 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
- 9. “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years.
- 10. 72% of computer or tablet users and 67% of smartphone users want ads that are customized to their city or zip code.
- 11. Local searches result in purchases 28% of the time.
- 12. Search result information will send 70% of consumers to a physical store.
- 13. 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results.
- 14. Global retail ecommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion by 2021.
- 15. 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information.
ARE YOU LOOKING TO IMPROVE YOUR LOCAL SEO?
Request a comprehensive SEO analysis from one of our strategists today.