What is Local SEO?
When you’re looking for a local business to fix the crack in your smartphone, or bake a Paw Patrol cake for your kid’s birthday, how do you find it?
You pull up your favourite search engine for some online research, of course.
Phone Repairs Mount Eden
Cake Shop Auckland
Your customers are no different. When they’re looking for a product or service, region specific, they’re often going online to find it.
SEO is Always Working For You.
A strong local SEO strategy is key to driving more people to your store, whether you have one store or five hundred. Take a look at these 15 local SEO facts and see why utilising SEO could help your organisation. (And learn which parts of your site to optimise for local searches).
15 Local SEO Stats
- 1. 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information.
- 2. 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- 3. 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else.
- 4. 88% of searches for local businesses on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours.
- 5. 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.
- 6. By 2021, mobile devices will influence more than $1.4 trillion in local sales.
- 7. 18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day, whereas only 7% of non-local searches led to a sale.
- 8. 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
- 9. “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years.
- 10. 72% of computer or tablet users and 67% of smartphone users want ads that are customized to their city or zip code.
- 11. Local searches result in purchases 28% of the time.
- 12. Search result information will send 70% of consumers to a physical store.
- 13. 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results.
- 14. Global retail ecommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion by 2021.
- 15. 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information.
ARE YOU LOOKING TO IMPROVE YOUR LOCAL SEO?
Request a comprehensive SEO analysis from one of our strategists today.
WELCOME JACK, TO THE FLIGHT DIGITAL TEAM! < Back JACK WHELAN - ACCOUNT MANAGER Jack recently joined the Flight Digital team as an Account Manager to help manage and grow the current client base. He brings experience from his previous company PR & Marketing Agency. Jack worked along some...
WELCOME NICOLE, TO THE FLIGHT DIGITAL TEAM! < Back NICOLE RALSTON - DIGITAL OPERATIONS & PEOPLE MANAGER Nicole has a hybrid role here at Flight as the Digital Operations and People Manager. Her past experience as a Digital Producer in Creative and Digital agencies across Auckland, Sydney and...
WELCOME DAVE, TO THE FLIGHT DIGITAL TEAM! < Back DAVE CHHOUR - DEVELOPER Dave is a highly experienced developer who came on board from Rush Digital earlier in 2020. Dave studied a Bachelor of Computer Science at AUT and later moved on to working at Black Software where he put his skills to the...
WELCOME TAYLOR, TO THE FLIGHT DIGITAL TEAM! < Back WHO: Taylor Joseph Abernethy-Newman ROLE: Head of Technology EXPERIENCE: After completing a Bachelor of Creative Technology in 2009, Taylor decided to start up his own business offering creative software solutions. Beginning with Seamonkey...